Then the long-awaited 2s for Doctor Strange have finally landed, and you can now see Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness in cinemas across the country.
In the film, Doctor Strange must embark on a journey into the multiverse, as a young girl is hunted by mysterious creatures across universes.
In connection with the premiere, we talked to the stars from the latest Marvel movie: Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange), Elizabeth Olsen (Wanda Maximoff) and Benedict Wong (Wong).
Here the conversation fell on the multiverse, which we unveiled in Spider-Man 3: No Way Home. In this film, the multiverse is further explored, and it offers many unexpected experiences, encounters with witches, wizards and several versions of Doctor Strange.
We asked the three actors what their reactions were when they were introduced to the concept of the film:
- I was quite confused about the script. So I had a lot of questions, says Elizabeth Olsen.
- But after I get it explained, I love that it's just about all of us on the planet. We have all made decisions to be where we are right now. And we can make a choice or make a decision that would set our path in a different direction, Olsen continues.
Benedict Wong has also thought about the possibility of several universes:
- The multiverse… In relation to how little I know about quantum physics and parallel realities, I wonder what I do the other universes. So this one is pretty good.
The film's lead actor, Benedict Cumberbatch, needed a helping hand to understand the film's plot:
- Do you just want to guide me through it, please? But I am at the crucial center with this character.
- If anything, it really is a character that acts as a portal to the next phase of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe, ed.), Cumberbatch says.