When one throws oneself over such an iconic personality as Elvis Presley, who finally became so tragic, it must be with a certain awe for any filmmaker.
That's why everything else has to be fun with the director Baz Luhrmann, who with the biography film Elvis portrays The King of Rock'n'Roll when praise comes from the person who was closest to Presley for several years.
Priscilla Presley, who was married to Elvis from 1967 to 1973, has seen the film at a private screening, and she is full of praise. She writes on her Facebook profile:
- For those who are curious about the new movie 'Elvis', Baz Luhrmann, the director, provided a private screening for me and Jerry Schilling [Elvis manager, ed.] At the Warner Studios recently. This story is about Elvis and Colonel Parker's relationship. It is a true story told brilliantly and creatively, which only Baz in his unique artistic way could have delivered.
- Austin Butler, who played Elvis, is excellent. Halfway through the movie, Jerry and I looked at each other and said WOW !!! Bravo to him ... he knew he had big shoes to fill. He was extremely nervous about playing this role. I can well imagine that.
- Tom Hanks was Col. Park in this movie. What a character he was. There were two sides of the colonel, Jerry and I witnessed both. The story, as we all know, does not have a happy ending. But I think you will understand a little more of Elvis' journey, written by a director who put his heart and soul and many hours into this film.
- FREE-Downton Abbey: A New Era (2022) Full English Movie
- [Download.123Movies] Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 2022 MP4/720p 1080p HD 4K English
In addition to the words of praise, there is also a new clip where you can get a taste of how Austin Butler becomes the personification of Elvis. See it at the top, just as you can see the original Facebook post at the bottom of the article.
Elvis has its theatrical release on June 23rd.